am i the only person who randomly remembers text posts like in the middle of the day and just starts laughing
Harry Potter: THE FAULT IN OUR STARS. BEST BOOK I’VE READ IN A WHILE HONESTLY.
Blue: The Last Shadow Puppets - The Chamber
Dopey: (ohhh you) uh I honestly can’t come up with an embarrassing story rn I owe you one
The Lion King is definitely my favourite, after that it’s a tie between Aladdin, Tangled and Mulan
Thanks for asking! :3
- Blue: What song do you listen to when you're feeling down?
- Cup: Do you drink Tea or Coffee?
- Dopey: Tell us an embarrassing story.
- English: How many languages can you speak?
- Fear: Tell us three fears.
- Game: What was the last board game you played?
- Harry Potter: What was the last book you read?
- Injury: Have you ever walked into a glass door?
- Jump: Do five jumping jacks/star jump.
- Kiss: Who's your biggest celebrity crush?
- Love: Do you believe in marriage?
- Money: What would you do with 1 million dollars?
- Naughty: Tell us three things that your parents disapprove of?
- Oops: What is one thing you'd like to change/fix?
- Picture: Post a pic of your lovely face.
- Quality: Name three of your favourite blogs.
- Rapunzel: Name three Disney movies that you adore.
- Star-sign: When's your birthday?
- Teacher: What do you aspire to be?
- Unite: Do you sponsor a cause?
- Varsity: Do you play/watch sport?
- Xylophone: Do you play an instrument?
- Yellow: What's your favourite colour?
- Zoo: What is your favourite animal?
- pretty girl: i'd rather be called beautiful then hot
- me: i'll take what i can get
The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern
So, tell me if I’m being monstrously pedantic here, but here in one is my main problem with the writing of this book. Disingenuous first person aside (though boy, after a while, that mess drags), that second sentence is so unnecessary that it ruins the effect the first had. Which was exactly the one she wanted to produce! Rubies, throat slit, SOUNDS PRETTY ELEGANT AND MORBID, YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO TELL US, ERIN.
And that’s what she does every time she tells you anything aesthetic whatsoever. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL THIS IS MAGICAL THIS IS SPECIAL, like, lay down, Erin, you’ve given us eyes to see with, let us use them.
Maybe I’m being pedantic, but telling something you’ve already shown makes no fucking stylistic sense. It kind of beats all those careful details into sand, actually.
And I’m not being pedantic. Get outta the text, Erin Morgenstern.